Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

DROPS OF WATER: Esther Rosa Art Exhibit

reporter: Miguel Dominguez


On May 16th at the Sohotel Artspace Gallery, Esther Rosa had her 'Drops of Water' exhibit of paintings which also included a sculptural installation featuring inflatable balloons.



Esther Rosa was born in Madrid, Spain. She has worked in Industrial Psychology with wide experience in the Media sector. Esther discovered her passion about painting when she and her family moved to New York in 2006. Motivated by her father, who also enjoys painting, she started her studies in Fine Arts at the “National Academy School of Fine Arts” in Manhattan, NY.  Esther enrolled in a full four year Diploma program. She has been taught by several well known artists like Maurizio Pellegrin, Sonia Gechtoff, Nicki Orbach, Tom Ferrara, Wolf Kahn, Susan Grossman, Henry Filkenstein or Gwen Fabricant, among others. Since 2006 she lives and works in Manhattan.









Mr. & Mrs. Flavio Figueredo with their newly acquired painting









"My intention is to abstract from ideas, feelings and emotions that nature provokes inside me. For me, this is an honest and direct process for conveying the experiences in my life. I do have specific images in my mind when I begin a painting; they are produced through an experimental process. I choose the palette and a specific idea or feeling starts to find its way in the canvas, perhaps an idea that is developed by accident, which guides and impulses me to work in a given way. I cannot recreate a painting. Each one is like a fingerprint of my emotional state of mind. They are immersed with emotions that I have succumbed to, which are defined by the color palette, composition and sometimes texture."



Esther with gallery directors Catherine Testorf and Elizabeth rosso











No comments: